Privacy Statement – B.V. Nederlandse Plastic Industrie Tzummarum
We highly value the protection of your personal data. In this privacy statement, we describe how we handle your personal data, so that things are clear and transparent for you. In order to be able to comply with our legal obligations, upon implementation of our services we establish the purpose and means for the processing of personal data ourselves. According to the law, we are Data Controller for this reason.
2. What personal data do we process?
When you make use of our provision of services, we ask you for the following personal data.
Name and address information
- When you make use of our services or in case we conclude an agreement with you, we ask for your contact information. By contact information we intend your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- If the company where you work makes use of our services, or we conclude an agreement with the company, we ask for your information as a contact person. By contact information we intend your name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- If you want to be kept informed about our services, we ask for your contact information. We keep you informed of new developments and additional services that may be relevant for you by way of e-mail, newsletters, and our website. By contact information we intend your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- If you apply for a job with us, we ask for your resume, any possible diplomas, and possibly other personal data. We keep these data, following your permission, for a maximum of 12 months after you have applied for a job with us.
Information about your contact with us
We process data on the contact you had with us. When you forward an e-mail, when you have asked us a question, have granted us an order, or when you file a complaint with us.
We do not process any special personal data, such as concerning your race, religion, or health.
3. How do we obtain personal data?
The personal data we process is always provided by you to us. We never collect your personal data through third parties.
4. Why do we process personal data?
We process personal data for the following purposes:
For the implementation of our provision of services
We collect personal data to carry out the assignment you have granted us. In that case, we will also be able to contact you about the assignment. Personal data is also processed for administrative purposes that are related to the agreement.
We are happy to inform you about our services, new developments, and additional services. We inform you by way of e-mail, newsletters, and our website. In case you do not wish to receive this information, you can unsubscribe for these services.
5. On what legal grounds do we process personal data?
The processing of personal data is only permitted if we have the legal grounds for doing so. We apply the following grounds for processing:
Processing is necessary for the implementation of the agreement
We only process data that is required for the implementation of the agreement. Thereby, we do not process more data than necessary.
Processing occurs based on your permission
In case it is not necessary to process your data, for example for the implementation of the agreement, we may ask your permission to still process personal data (name and address information). We communicate the purpose of the processing we ask your permission for beforehand. You can always withdraw your consent.
Processing takes place based on legal grounds
We must keep our financial records pursuant to the law. This means that we also keep the invoices, on which your name and address information may be stated, in our financial records.
6. How do we secure personal dataWe have taken technical and organisational measures to secure personal data against loss or unlawful processing. Within the systems we use, passwords are very regularly renewed. Our software is always kept up to date. In addition we make sure that only those collaborators who need your personal data have access to them. Also the physical areas where data is stored are secured. We make sure that our collaborators have knowledge in the field of the protection of personal data. Our collaborators have signed a non-disclosure statement.
7. How long do we keep personal data?
We retain your personal data no longer than is necessary. In some cases, the law decides for how long we may or must keep data. In other cases, we have determined ourselves for how long we need your data.
In case the processing of your personal data is necessary for the implementation of the agreement, we retain your data for as long as the agreement continues. After implementation of the agreement, we only keep your personal data in our financial records. In this case, the law establishes the retention term. In case you have given permission for the processing of your data, for example because you wish to receive our newsletter, your data is retained until you withdraw your permission.
8. With whom do we share personal data?
We share personal data with third parties if it is permitted and required for our business operations on grounds of the law. We share personal data with:
- our collaborators. This data is only shared with collaborators if they are directly involved in the agreement as concluded with you or the company you work for;
- the authorities if we are legally obliged to do so. This may regard the tax office, for example, or the overseer ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’;
- companies we deploy to carry out services by our order that are related to the agreement. These may be insurance companies, for example, or accountants, lawyers, or collection agencies.
We may also outsource the processing of personal data to third parties. Such third parties will then be the processor while we remain the data controller. We always conclude a processor agreement with third parties that process data by our order, in which arrangements are established regarding the processing of your personal data.
9. What are your rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, your privacy rights have been expanded. You have the option of exercising a number of rights towards us. In the following we explain how you can exercise these rights.
The right of perusal
You have the right to inform what personal data of yours we process and to peruse this data. The right of perusal only regards the perusal of your own data. You do not have the right to peruse information regarding others. You can send us a request for perusal by sending a letter to:
B.V. Nederlandse Plastic Industrie Tzummarum
Sinaedawei 10 A
8851 GG Tzummarum, The Netherlands
We may ask questions or ask you for a copy of your ID in order to verify your identify . If you provide a copy of your ID, you must render your photo and social security number invisible and indicate on the copy that it is intended to exercise your rights regarding your personal data. You will receive a reply from us within four weeks.
The right to data portability
This right only regards digital data. In case of the right to data portability, we must provide the data to you in a form that makes it easy for you to reuse your data and transmit it to another organisation. You can send a request by sending a letter to the address stated above.
The right to be forgotten
This right means that in a number of cases we must delete your personal data. You can ask us to delete your data. You can send a request by sending a letter to the address stated above. You can exercise this right when your personal data is no longer required for the purposes we collected and processed it for. You can also exercise this right when you file a legitimate objection against the processing, you withdraw your consent, the processing is unlawful, or legally established retention terms have expired. You cannot exercise this right in case we are legally obligated to process certain data. In addition, we may always decide not to grant your request and not to delete your data. In such case, we will always inform you about the reasons why we will not grant your request.
The right of rectification and addition
You can ask us to correct, supplement, or shield your personal data. You can ask for the rectification of your personal data if they are:
- factually incorrect;
- incomplete or not relevant to the purpose it was collected for;
- used in another manner that violates a law.
The right to limit the processing
You have the right to limit the processing of your personal data in case:
- data is possibly incorrect;
- the processing is unlawful;
- data is no longer required;
- you have filed a legitimate complaint.
Unless we present mandatory legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and liberties. You can send a request by sending a letter to the address stated above.
The right regarding automated decision-making and profiling
We can take decisions based on automatically processed data. The General Data Processing Regulation grants you the right to a human review in case of decisions that regard you. In case we take a new decision based on automatically processed data and this entails consequences for you, then you can appeal to this right and we will take a new decision whereby a person will assess your data. You can forward a request by sending a letter to the address stated above.
The right to object against the data processing
You have the option to object against the processing of your personal data. For special personal reasons you can exercise the right of objection. In addition, the right of objection applies if we use your personal data for marketing purposes. However, you can unsubscribe at all times for newsletters, offers, or the use of your data for other marketing purposes. We will always inform you on how to unsubscribe.
10. Social Media
We make use of various social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn). You can contact us in this manner. To the data we receive from you through these platforms, this privacy statement is applicable. The use of social media is your own responsibility. This privacy statement is not applicable to the manner in which social-media platforms handle the personal data provided by you. For this, we refer you to the privacy statement of these social-media platforms. You must take into account that social-media platforms may be established outside the European Union, so that the privacy legislation you are familiar with may not be effective.
11. Modification privacy statement
We can modify this privacy statement at all times. A modification may be required, for example, because legislation has been amended or because other new developments occur. We will inform you actively on modifications to the privacy statement, for example by indicating this on our website, a newsletter, or an e-mail.
12. Questions or complaints
Do you have any questions in connection with this privacy statement? Or do you have a complaint regarding privacy? In that case, you can contact us through the following contact information:
B.V. Nederlandse Plastic Industrie Tzummarum
Sinaedawei 10 A
8851 GG Tzummarum
In addition, you can also file a complaint with the overseer ‘Autoriteit Personsgegevens’. On the website of the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’ the process of submitting a complaint is explained.
Last Edited on 2020-07-31